TV’s nowadays are not just limited to watch the regular satellite broadcast shows. You can browse the internet, watch videos on youtube and much more. But a smart TV costs much more than a simple LED/LCD TV. How about making a simple TV which supports HDMI connection, much smarter than any current smart TVs.
I have a desi jugad which will cost around 3000 bucks to make your TV smarter and you can do anything that a computer can, even without any keyboard or mouse input.I am talking about a whole OS (Linux) on your TV, controlled wirelessly using your mobile screen.So your TV is now touchscreen too.That’s geeky, isn’t it?
Here is a tutorial for a smart TV hack using a raspberry pi 3.
- Ready to use Raspberry Pi 3 with GUI OS enabled.
- Any TV with HDMI connection
- HDMI cable
- Wifi router
Step by step guide:
- Assuming that you have a ready to use Raspberry Pi 3 with Any GUI based OS enabled.Follow the previous article to know more about it.
- Since we need double screen sharing later so we need to install x11VNC.Enter the code below using any SSH client.
sudo apt-get install x11vnc
- Now open your Raspberry Pi using GUI mode in your PC via VNC Viewer.
- Connect to the home router’s wifi and save the password.
- Connect your Raspberry to the TV using an HDMI cable.
- Power on your Raspberry Pi using any standard mobile charger.
- Connect your phone(Android) to same wifi network.
- Download VNC Viewer in your phone & connect it to your Raspberry.
- Now you can control your Raspberry OS on your TV using your smartphone wirelessly.
Now enjoy browsing the Internet, watch youtube/NetFlix in your own made smart TV.